A key advantage for online shops is that you don't need to use costly Google AdWords to advertise on search engines. This video explains how you can advertise on the search engines more cost effectively, and how you can target people that are more likely to buy than with regular AdWords.
Most web design companies offer a cheap hosting service once your website has been completed. But very few offer a website management and support service.
So what's the difference? And which should you choose?
As I write, a massive worldwide hacking campaign is underway against websites running the Joomla CMS.
A little over a week ago, a critical security hole was discovered in all versions of Joomla. An upgrade was very quickly released for the latest versions of Joomla, and a patch was released for all previous versions.
But if you haven't installed these, it's probably only a matter of time before your website is hacked.
A lot of companies like to explain about what they do that's "different". Some even go as far as explaining "how" they do things that makes them different.
But I thought I'd take it a bit further and explain WHY we're different. What drives us, and what's our passion?
- Video: The importance of design in your online shop
- Free E-commerce Seminar: Selling Effectively on the Internet
- Why should new online stores leave AdWords alone?
- What is W3C validation and why is it important?
- How much does SEO cost?
- How long does setting up an online shop take?
- The fundamental difference with advertising e-commerce sites over brochure websites
- Is this the perfect package insert policy?
- Why we can't just give a quote for "such and such" a website
- Was the Mobilegeddon hype worth it?
- How to sell online effectively without competing on price
- What are your legal obligations under the Disability Discrimination Act?
- Which is the best content management system?
- Does social media help your SEO?
- Where can you advertise with affiliate marketing?
- Are you having problems getting a response from your web designer?
- Should you be worried about Google's announcement on mobile optimised sites?
- Google AdWords management service
- How to make money from adverts on your website
- How to budget for an e-commerce website
- 3 cheating ways to get on the first page of Google
- The Data Protection Act and friend-finder tools
- Should you use WordPress?
- Is Joomla the best content management system?
- The 2 types of website and why you might not need one
- Success on the web is not a box-ticking exercise
- How to take good product photos for your website, on a budget
- How to be totally spam-free, without a spam filter
- Some questions to test your web designer
- The basic legal requirements for your website
- Why we suggest that you break the law
- The dangers of the information age
- What NOT to tweet about
- Open Source software is insecure, right?
- Creating a good Google AdWords marketing strategy
- Affiliate marketing offer
- The 4 types of online advertising
- Getting on the web is not cheap
- How to advertise your products on shopping comparison and price comparison sites