Google's recent announcement about starting to use Mobile Optimisation as a ranking factor in their search algorithm from April 21st has got a lot of people worried. Some unscrupulous web design agencies are also contacting companies saying that April 21st is some kind of deadline where non-mobile-friendly sites will be penalised or rejected altogether.
So what's the truth? Should you be worried?
Google AdWords is a very popular way to advertise your website. But with all of the different settings and options, and with all of the analytical data that you're given, how do you make sure it works for you and doesn't just become a black hole for money.
There are an endless series of factors which can affect how much an website will cost when it comes to selling online. An article like this can't possibly do the subject justice.
But there are a few basic principles which you should address in your budgeting regardless of your functional requirements.
There are lots of free resources on the internet which are entirely funded through advertising. Online advertising is big business!
So, how can you get a piece of the action?
The title of this article is possibly misleading, because the 3 methods I'll be discussing aren't "cheats" in the sense that they're dishonest, or "black hat SEO". They are cheats because they are not the normal ways that you tend to try to get a first page ranking.
Let me just be clear, these are all legitimate techniques, recommended by Google.
- The Data Protection Act and friend-finder tools
- Should you use WordPress?
- Is Joomla the best content management system?
- The 2 types of website and why you might not need one
- Success on the web is not a box-ticking exercise
- How to take good product photos for your website, on a budget
- Free Seminar: Selling Effectively on the Internet
- How to be totally spam-free, without a spam filter
- Some questions to test your web designer
- The basic legal requirements for your website
- Why we suggest that you break the law
- The dangers of the information age
- What NOT to tweet about
- Open Source software is insecure, right?
- Creating a good Google AdWords marketing strategy
- Affiliate marketing offer
- The 4 types of online advertising
- Getting on the web is not cheap
- How to advertise your products on shopping comparison and price comparison sites
- Improve your SEO and social media engagement with our blog writing service
- Should you run your own affiliate campaign or use an affiliate network?
- How to sell your products on cashback sites
- E-commerce destroys Jessops
- What's the cheapest realistic way to start selling online?
- New LinkedIn group for e-commerce in Gloucestershire
- Why we don't do "just hosting"
- Get your free advertising on Google Shopping while you still can
- VirtueMart Developers, Gloucestershire
- Gloucestershire Joomla Development
- Cookie Law Tool
- Free Seminar: E-Commerce Setup and Marketing
- PayPal is not a merchant account
- How to get better rankings in Google Base/Marketplace/Merchants/Shopping/Froogle
- OpenGlobal Article Image as Module
- If web designers designed cars
- Free Seminar: Web Marketing and SEO
- Privacy Warning: LinkedIn is giving your email address to people you do not know
- Free Seminar: Using Social Media and Marketing for business
- How to comply with the new cookie laws (EU Privacy and Communications Directive))
- Cookie Law Tool - Advanced Usage