There are lots of articles and blog entries telling you what you should be tweeting about in your social networking campaigns. But there are still countless companies running appalling campaigns tweeting the wrong sort of things and annoying their followers.
It doesn't need to be like that.
OpenGlobal has always been a big advocate of open source software, mainly for the technical advantages that it brings, but the price (ie, usually free) is also a nice incentive. But I've recently heard of a web designer advising clients against open source because it is inherently insecure due to it's public nature.
This is something I hear occasionally and it is definitely something which should be addressed, because, at first, it seems obvious that open source software would be less secure than proprietary software.
So let's briefly explore the issues.
As you may know, OpenGlobal E-commerce is a big advocate of affiliate marketing to promote e-commerce web shops. But one of the big drawbacks of affiliate marketing is that the major affiliate networks have all started charging a monthly fee for access to their network on top of the affiliate commission override.
We are always on the look out for offers to reduce or remove this monthly fee and we've discovered that one of the affiliate networks is running an offer until the end of August 2013 reducing the setup costs AND the monthly fee. This means that we can offer an affiliate campaign setup starting from £700 (depending on your CMS), with monthly fees of just £95.
Whilst this hasn't removed the monthly fee entirely, it has made it considerably more attractive to web store owners who are serious about promoting their website using effective marketing techniques.
Contact us today on 0845 269 9624 to take up this offer, or to find out about the latest affiliate marketing fees.
Thanks to lots of Google Adwords vouchers that have been sent out offering free advertising, and also thanks to lots of fly-by-night Adwords agencies, a lot of companies have dabbled with Google Adwords, usually with very little success.
Google Adwords can work. But it can also be a black hole that will happily eat up every penny you throw at it, without much to show for it.
Most companies go about it completely the wrong way and end up concluding that Google Adwords doesn't work, rather than that they didn't understand how to make it work.
The whole point of technology is to make more money by spending less money. The internet is no different.
Offline advertising is very risky. You take a risk and if the advertising works, you make money. If the advertising doesn't work, you lose money. But the internet can take all of this risk away.
So it's a shame that more companies are losing money advertising online than are making money, because they are advertising using offline advertising techniques instead using the technology available.
- Getting on the web is not cheap
- How to advertise your products on shopping comparison and price comparison sites
- Improve your SEO and social media engagement with our blog writing service
- Should you run your own affiliate campaign or use an affiliate network?
- How to sell your products on cashback sites
- E-commerce destroys Jessops
- What's the cheapest realistic way to start selling online?
- New LinkedIn group for e-commerce in Gloucestershire
- Why we don't do "just hosting"
- Get your free advertising on Google Shopping while you still can
- VirtueMart Developers, Gloucestershire
- Gloucestershire Joomla Development
- Cookie Law Tool
- Free Seminar: E-Commerce Setup and Marketing
- PayPal is not a merchant account
- How to get better rankings in Google Base/Marketplace/Merchants/Shopping/Froogle
- OpenGlobal Article Image as Module
- If web designers designed cars
- Free Seminar: Web Marketing and SEO
- Privacy Warning: LinkedIn is giving your email address to people you do not know
- Free Seminar: Using Social Media and Marketing for business
- How to comply with the new cookie laws (EU Privacy and Communications Directive))
- Cookie Law Tool - Advanced Usage
- Microsoft silently updates Internet Explorer
- Save thousands by adding an e-commerce shop to your existing website
- New SEO training service
- 6 essential tips for writing the perfect newsletter
- Web design is like architecture, but web designers are not like architects
- Ciao, Bing's alternative to Google Base/Products
- Don't pay to advertise on the internet
- Free Seminar: Selling on the Internet
- How to get your site listed on voucher code websites
- Free Seminar: Dominate the Search Engines
- Don't use CC to send a newsletter
- Mobile websites
- Free Seminar: From Social NOTworking to Social NETworking
- Use Facebook Business Pages, not Business Profiles
- Publish your Google Base feed to TheFind
- The difference between SEO and Google AdWords
- Are the new laws regarding cookies anything to worry about?