When buying online, you can't pick up a feel the products, hold them in your hand and turn them around to see them at different angles. All you have to go on are the photos (or even better, a video).
So when selling online, your photos are vitally important.
The big mistake that most e-commerce companies make is to just use the stock photo from the manufacturer.
These photos are usually very professionally produced, but when all of your competitors are showing exactly the same photo, what makes you stand out?
The next seminar in the OpenGlobal series of FREE seminars will be on Tuesday 29th of April 2014 at the Gloucester Guildhall covering the topic of Selling Effectively on the Internet.
The seminar is aimed both at companies who do not currently sell on the internet, and those who are already selling on the internet but want to see better results.
There are no formal qualifications to become a web designer. There are no accreditations and there's no such thing as a chartered web designer. Literally anybody can set themselves up as a web designer, and from what we've seen, literally anybody does.
The vast majority of web designers have never run a successful web business themselves. And almost all of them seem to think that creating a website is just a design process. They can create beautiful websites that don't bring in any business.
So what can you do to avoid the cowboys?
Here are some questions to ask the next time a web designer is pitching for your business.
Email spam is one of the great annoyances of the modern age. Sometimes it seems that no sooner have you created your new email address than it is deluged with spam.
Spam filters help to alleviate the problem, but they're far from perfect. They often miss spam and allow it through, whilst mistakenly filtering out genuine emails.
Yet spam is completely preventable.
More than 95% of the websites that we see are breaking at least one UK law. The reason is basically that the vast majority of web design agencies are nothing short of cowboys and the internet is the new lawless wild west. Nobody seems to take an interest in the laws that apply to websites and the internet, not even those organisations whose job is to police those laws!
So, what are the basic things that you need to do?
- Why we suggest that you break the law
- The dangers of the information age
- What NOT to tweet about
- Open Source software is insecure, right?
- Creating a good Google AdWords marketing strategy
- Affiliate marketing offer
- The 4 types of online advertising
- Getting on the web is not cheap
- How to advertise your products on shopping comparison and price comparison sites
- Improve your SEO and social media engagement with our blog writing service
- Should you run your own affiliate campaign or use an affiliate network?
- How to sell your products on cashback sites
- E-commerce destroys Jessops
- What's the cheapest realistic way to start selling online?
- New LinkedIn group for e-commerce in Gloucestershire
- Why we don't do "just hosting"
- Get your free advertising on Google Shopping while you still can
- VirtueMart Developers, Gloucestershire
- Gloucestershire Joomla Development
- Cookie Law Tool
- Free Seminar: E-Commerce Setup and Marketing
- PayPal is not a merchant account
- How to get better rankings in Google Base/Marketplace/Merchants/Shopping/Froogle
- OpenGlobal Article Image as Module
- If web designers designed cars
- Free Seminar: Web Marketing and SEO
- Privacy Warning: LinkedIn is giving your email address to people you do not know
- Free Seminar: Using Social Media and Marketing for business
- How to comply with the new cookie laws (EU Privacy and Communications Directive))
- Cookie Law Tool - Advanced Usage
- Microsoft silently updates Internet Explorer
- Save thousands by adding an e-commerce shop to your existing website
- New SEO training service
- 6 essential tips for writing the perfect newsletter
- Web design is like architecture, but web designers are not like architects
- Ciao, Bing's alternative to Google Base/Products
- Don't pay to advertise on the internet
- How to get your site listed on voucher code websites
- Free Seminar: Dominate the Search Engines
- Don't use CC to send a newsletter