When setting up an e-commerce website, a lot of people choose PayPal as their payment provider. It's a easy way to accept credit cards and for low levels of sales, it can be more cost effective than a full merchant account.
But here is another consideration. PayPal is NOT a merchant account. What does this mean?
If you have an e-commerce website, getting your products (or services) onto Google Base/Google Marketplace/Froogle (or whatever they've decided to call it when you read this) is essential.
Usually this is just a case of signing up and submitting the "product feed" which is automatically created by your e-commerce software.
The next problem is how to get good rankings for your products, which isn't as easy as it first seems.
Web designers are traditionally seen as some of the most unprofessional and shoddy people working in IT (especially by professionals elsewhere in the IT industry). I'll explain why by showing some examples of stereotypical web designer behaviour applied to the car design industry.
This is just our light-hearted take on the old "If Microsoft made cars" jokes that went around.
This free Joomla! Module enables you to use the article image (thumbnail or full size) in any module position. This means that you can have a page-dependent image outside of the standard content area.
The next in OpenGlobal and Viso Marketing's series of seminars will help you understand the mysteries of online marketing and Search Engine Optimisation.
These seminars are unique in that they cover both the technical and marketing aspects, to give you a fully rounded approach to web marketing.
- Privacy Warning: LinkedIn is giving your email address to people you do not know
- Free Seminar: Using Social Media and Marketing for business
- How to comply with the new cookie laws (EU Privacy and Communications Directive))
- Cookie Law Tool - Advanced Usage
- Microsoft silently updates Internet Explorer
- Save thousands by adding an e-commerce shop to your existing website
- New SEO training service
- 6 essential tips for writing the perfect newsletter
- Web design is like architecture, but web designers are not like architects
- Ciao, Bing's alternative to Google Base/Products
- Don't pay to advertise on the internet
- How to get your site listed on voucher code websites
- Free Seminar: Dominate the Search Engines
- Don't use CC to send a newsletter
- Mobile websites
- Free Seminar: From Social NOTworking to Social NETworking
- Use Facebook Business Pages, not Business Profiles
- Publish your Google Base feed to TheFind
- The difference between SEO and Google AdWords
- Are the new laws regarding cookies anything to worry about?
- Advertising laws will apply to the internet from March 1st 2011
- Microsoft have released Internet Explorer 9
- Free Seminar: Explosive Website Promotion
- Oh dear, the police got robbed!
- Founder of Facebook gets hacked
- OpenGlobal Disable Checkout for Joomla
- Free OpenGlobal Ovi / Nokia App
- Get your products on Google Base
- Online sales reach 10.5% of UK retail sales total
- Should you get a .co domain name?
- A brief introduction to affiliate schemes
- How does Google Instant Preview change SEO?
- Integrate Actinic with WebGains
- Brand Bidding on Google AdWords
- How to increase your inbound links
- On and Off Page SEO
- Does Google Instant mean the end of SEO?
- Social Networking tips
- There's no magic bullet
- Google Analytics Page Overlay