In the early days of e-commerce, the only way to sell your products or services directly through your website was to spend tens of thousands of pounds employing a programmer to develop it from scratch. Thankfully, those days are over and there is a plethora of off-the-shelf e-commerce software packages. You can now get a website for free and start selling online for next to nothing.
But do these free/almost free offers really work?
We've just launched a new LinkedIn Group, Gloucestershire E-commerce, to help local companies who are selling their products and services online to help each other to make the most of their websites.
There is currently a big controversy brewing in the US because their version of the Google Shopping product comparison service (you may know it as Google Base, Google Products, Google Merchants or even Froogle) is no longer free, and it's very likely that this is due to happen here in the UK too.
We're often asked if we offer a hosting-only package for our websites because we are very much aware that our monthly prices are not the cheapest available. It's often difficult explaining why we don't offer this, so I thought I'd write a brief article to hopefully set the record straight.
If you are looking for VirtueMart developers in the UK, then you have found the right company. OpenGlobal are not only VirtueMart developers, we are the only active VirtueMart core developers on the VirtueMart 2 project itself in the UK.
With our in-depth knowledge of the internal workings of the VirtueMart e-commerce platform, you are assured the best possible integration of your requirements. With our privileged position within the VirtueMart developer community, we can ensure that any development work takes planned future changes into consideration to ensure that future upgrades do not break your system.
- Gloucestershire Joomla Development
- Cookie Law Tool
- Free Seminar: E-Commerce Setup and Marketing
- PayPal is not a merchant account
- How to get better rankings in Google Base/Marketplace/Merchants/Shopping/Froogle
- OpenGlobal Article Image as Module
- If web designers designed cars
- Free Seminar: Web Marketing and SEO
- Privacy Warning: LinkedIn is giving your email address to people you do not know
- Free Seminar: Using Social Media and Marketing for business
- How to comply with the new cookie laws (EU Privacy and Communications Directive))
- Cookie Law Tool - Advanced Usage
- Microsoft silently updates Internet Explorer
- Save thousands by adding an e-commerce shop to your existing website
- New SEO training service
- 6 essential tips for writing the perfect newsletter
- Web design is like architecture, but web designers are not like architects
- Ciao, Bing's alternative to Google Base/Products
- Don't pay to advertise on the internet
- How to get your site listed on voucher code websites
- Free Seminar: Dominate the Search Engines
- Don't use CC to send a newsletter
- Mobile websites
- Free Seminar: From Social NOTworking to Social NETworking
- Use Facebook Business Pages, not Business Profiles
- Publish your Google Base feed to TheFind
- The difference between SEO and Google AdWords
- Are the new laws regarding cookies anything to worry about?
- Advertising laws will apply to the internet from March 1st 2011
- Microsoft have released Internet Explorer 9
- Free Seminar: Explosive Website Promotion
- Oh dear, the police got robbed!
- Founder of Facebook gets hacked
- OpenGlobal Disable Checkout for Joomla
- Free OpenGlobal Ovi / Nokia App
- Get your products on Google Base
- Online sales reach 10.5% of UK retail sales total
- Should you get a .co domain name?
- A brief introduction to affiliate schemes
- How does Google Instant Preview change SEO?