There are literally hundreds of cashback websites and reward scheme websites around today. The principle is quite simple; just like a supermarket reward card scheme, like Nectar, when you spend with the partner websites, you get rewards, or cashback.
So, as an online retailer, how do you partner with these cashback sites?
It's not a nice start to the year when a well known High Street chain goes bust and more than a thousand people lose their jobs with only a few hours notice.
There are clearly many reasons for Jessops' downfall, but e-commerce has played a key part.
Or rather, a poor e-commerce strategy has played a key part.
We've just launched a new LinkedIn Group, Gloucestershire E-commerce, to help local companies who are selling their products and services online to help each other to make the most of their websites.
In the early days of e-commerce, the only way to sell your products or services directly through your website was to spend tens of thousands of pounds employing a programmer to develop it from scratch. Thankfully, those days are over and there is a plethora of off-the-shelf e-commerce software packages. You can now get a website for free and start selling online for next to nothing.
But do these free/almost free offers really work?
We're often asked if we offer a hosting-only package for our websites because we are very much aware that our monthly prices are not the cheapest available. It's often difficult explaining why we don't offer this, so I thought I'd write a brief article to hopefully set the record straight.
- Get your free advertising on Google Shopping while you still can
- VirtueMart Developers, Gloucestershire
- Gloucestershire Joomla Development
- Cookie Law Tool
- Free Seminar: E-Commerce Setup and Marketing
- PayPal is not a merchant account
- How to get better rankings in Google Base/Marketplace/Merchants/Shopping/Froogle
- OpenGlobal Article Image as Module
- If web designers designed cars
- Free Seminar: Web Marketing and SEO
- Privacy Warning: LinkedIn is giving your email address to people you do not know
- Free Seminar: Using Social Media and Marketing for business
- How to comply with the new cookie laws (EU Privacy and Communications Directive))
- Cookie Law Tool - Advanced Usage
- Microsoft silently updates Internet Explorer
- Save thousands by adding an e-commerce shop to your existing website
- New SEO training service
- 6 essential tips for writing the perfect newsletter
- Web design is like architecture, but web designers are not like architects
- Ciao, Bing's alternative to Google Base/Products
- Don't pay to advertise on the internet
- How to get your site listed on voucher code websites
- Free Seminar: Dominate the Search Engines
- Don't use CC to send a newsletter
- Mobile websites
- Free Seminar: From Social NOTworking to Social NETworking
- Use Facebook Business Pages, not Business Profiles
- Publish your Google Base feed to TheFind
- The difference between SEO and Google AdWords
- Are the new laws regarding cookies anything to worry about?
- Advertising laws will apply to the internet from March 1st 2011
- Microsoft have released Internet Explorer 9
- Free Seminar: Explosive Website Promotion
- Oh dear, the police got robbed!
- Founder of Facebook gets hacked
- OpenGlobal Disable Checkout for Joomla
- Free OpenGlobal Ovi / Nokia App
- Get your products on Google Base
- Online sales reach 10.5% of UK retail sales total
- Should you get a .co domain name?