The whole point of technology is to make more money by spending less money. The internet is no different.
Offline advertising is very risky. You take a risk and if the advertising works, you make money. If the advertising doesn't work, you lose money. But the internet can take all of this risk away.
So it's a shame that more companies are losing money advertising online than are making money, because they are advertising using offline advertising techniques instead using the technology available.
There is an unfortunate rumour going around that getting a website up and running is cheap and that it will result in floods of new customers.
It is unfortunate because it is not true in the slightest, and it is very damaging for our industry when presumed expectations are dashed when a cheap website fails to bring anything in at all.
One of the main causes of this unhelpful reputation are the plethora of budget web designers which spring up all the time.
We all know that blogging can be a great way to improve your search engine optimisation (SEO) as well as providing great content to feed to your social media engagement campaigns, but who really has the time? Blogging and social media are hugely time consuming exercises so should not be taken on lightly.
We frequently see companies who have started blogging, but find that they just don't have the time. Or they've discovered that they can't think of things to write about. And others don't even start because they know they're terrible at writing.
Well now OpenGlobal E-commerce can solve all of these problems with our new blog writing service. We can develop ideas for content and articles and turn them into fully prepared blog articles to simply publish and push to your social media campaigns.
People who search for products on shopping comparison and price comparison sites are unlikely to be just doing research for a project. People use these sites because they intend to buy. They just want to narrow down their choice.
Paying to advertise on search engines is not only expensive, but you're advertising to everybody, not just those with an intention to buy.
So, how do you get your products on these sites?
The cost of joining an affiliate network is usually very high, and almost all of them now have a monthly fee too, which makes it look quite unattractive if you're new to affiliate marketing.
Alternatively adding an affiliate campaign plugin to your website is usually cheap and easy.
So what do you actually get for your money when using an affiliate network? And is it worth it?
- How to sell your products on cashback sites
- E-commerce destroys Jessops
- What's the cheapest realistic way to start selling online?
- New LinkedIn group for e-commerce in Gloucestershire
- Why we don't do "just hosting"
- Get your free advertising on Google Shopping while you still can
- VirtueMart Developers, Gloucestershire
- Gloucestershire Joomla Development
- Cookie Law Tool
- Free Seminar: E-Commerce Setup and Marketing
- PayPal is not a merchant account
- How to get better rankings in Google Base/Marketplace/Merchants/Shopping/Froogle
- OpenGlobal Article Image as Module
- If web designers designed cars
- Free Seminar: Web Marketing and SEO
- Privacy Warning: LinkedIn is giving your email address to people you do not know
- Free Seminar: Using Social Media and Marketing for business
- How to comply with the new cookie laws (EU Privacy and Communications Directive))
- Cookie Law Tool - Advanced Usage
- Microsoft silently updates Internet Explorer
- Save thousands by adding an e-commerce shop to your existing website
- New SEO training service
- 6 essential tips for writing the perfect newsletter
- Web design is like architecture, but web designers are not like architects
- Ciao, Bing's alternative to Google Base/Products
- Don't pay to advertise on the internet
- How to get your site listed on voucher code websites
- Free Seminar: Dominate the Search Engines
- Don't use CC to send a newsletter
- Mobile websites
- Free Seminar: From Social NOTworking to Social NETworking
- Use Facebook Business Pages, not Business Profiles
- Publish your Google Base feed to TheFind
- The difference between SEO and Google AdWords
- Are the new laws regarding cookies anything to worry about?
- Advertising laws will apply to the internet from March 1st 2011
- Microsoft have released Internet Explorer 9
- Free Seminar: Explosive Website Promotion
- Oh dear, the police got robbed!
- Founder of Facebook gets hacked