There are an endless series of factors which can affect how much an website will cost when it comes to selling online. An article like this can't possibly do the subject justice.
But there are a few basic principles which you should address in your budgeting regardless of your functional requirements.
The title of this article is possibly misleading, because the 3 methods I'll be discussing aren't "cheats" in the sense that they're dishonest, or "black hat SEO". They are cheats because they are not the normal ways that you tend to try to get a first page ranking.
Let me just be clear, these are all legitimate techniques, recommended by Google.
This is quite a brief article to just point out something that a lot of people haven't realised about the Data Protection Act (DPA).
Hopefully we all know that the main principle behind the DPA is that you can't divulge someone's personal information or contact details to a third party without their consent.
- The 2 types of website and why you might not need one
- Success on the web is not a box-ticking exercise
- How to take good product photos for your website, on a budget
- How to be totally spam-free, without a spam filter
- Some questions to test your web designer
- The basic legal requirements for your website
- Why we suggest that you break the law
- The dangers of the information age
- What NOT to tweet about
- Open Source software is insecure, right?
- Creating a good Google AdWords marketing strategy
- Affiliate marketing offer
- The 4 types of online advertising
- Getting on the web is not cheap
- How to advertise your products on shopping comparison and price comparison sites
- Improve your SEO and social media engagement with our blog writing service
- Should you run your own affiliate campaign or use an affiliate network?
- How to sell your products on cashback sites
- E-commerce destroys Jessops
- What's the cheapest realistic way to start selling online?
- New LinkedIn group for e-commerce in Gloucestershire
- Why we don't do "just hosting"
- Get your free advertising on Google Shopping while you still can
- VirtueMart Developers, Gloucestershire
- Gloucestershire Joomla Development
- Cookie Law Tool
- Free Seminar: E-Commerce Setup and Marketing
- PayPal is not a merchant account
- How to get better rankings in Google Base/Marketplace/Merchants/Shopping/Froogle
- OpenGlobal Article Image as Module
- If web designers designed cars
- Free Seminar: Web Marketing and SEO
- Privacy Warning: LinkedIn is giving your email address to people you do not know
- Free Seminar: Using Social Media and Marketing for business
- How to comply with the new cookie laws (EU Privacy and Communications Directive))
- Cookie Law Tool - Advanced Usage
- Microsoft silently updates Internet Explorer
- Save thousands by adding an e-commerce shop to your existing website
- New SEO training service
- 6 essential tips for writing the perfect newsletter