The Disability Discrimination Act requires all websites to be written in a way that doesn't hinder people with disabilities. So you'd expect all reputable web design companies to create websites that satisfy the legislation.
But the web design industry isn't "reputable". It's full of cowboys and amateurs.
The vast majority of web designers are completely ignoring the legislation.
So what is actually involved?
This is a question that we get asked quite frequently. Or when we've chosen the CMS for a new client website, they may ask "is that the best one?"
So which is the best one?
Affiliate marketing can be one of the most cost effective ways to promote your e-commerce website. But it also has high set up costs and a long build up period.
So where can you advertise using affiliate marketing?
It's a story that we hear so very often.
"At the start of the project, the web designer was great at communicating. Everything went so well. We got on really well and we were really happy when the website went live."
"But over the next few months, things got worse and worse."
"Emails didn't get replies. They wouldn't return our phone calls. When we could get through to someone, they weren't very helpful and were just trying to get rid of us."
Why does this happen so often?
- Should you be worried about Google's announcement on mobile optimised sites?
- Google AdWords management service
- How to make money from adverts on your website
- How to budget for an e-commerce website
- 3 cheating ways to get on the first page of Google
- The Data Protection Act and friend-finder tools
- Should you use WordPress?
- Is Joomla the best content management system?
- The 2 types of website and why you might not need one
- Success on the web is not a box-ticking exercise
- How to take good product photos for your website, on a budget
- How to be totally spam-free, without a spam filter
- Some questions to test your web designer
- The basic legal requirements for your website
- Why we suggest that you break the law
- The dangers of the information age
- What NOT to tweet about
- Open Source software is insecure, right?
- Creating a good Google AdWords marketing strategy
- Affiliate marketing offer
- The 4 types of online advertising
- Getting on the web is not cheap
- How to advertise your products on shopping comparison and price comparison sites
- Improve your SEO and social media engagement with our blog writing service
- Should you run your own affiliate campaign or use an affiliate network?
- How to sell your products on cashback sites
- E-commerce destroys Jessops
- What's the cheapest realistic way to start selling online?
- New LinkedIn group for e-commerce in Gloucestershire
- Why we don't do "just hosting"
- Get your free advertising on Google Shopping while you still can
- VirtueMart Developers, Gloucestershire
- Gloucestershire Joomla Development
- Cookie Law Tool
- Free Seminar: E-Commerce Setup and Marketing
- PayPal is not a merchant account
- How to get better rankings in Google Base/Marketplace/Merchants/Shopping/Froogle
- OpenGlobal Article Image as Module
- If web designers designed cars
- Free Seminar: Web Marketing and SEO